Use of the website is provided by iQra International subject to the
following Terms and
1. Your use constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions as at the date of your first use of the site.
2. iQra International reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
4. This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos regarding or relating to iQra International are provided “as is” without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied. In no event will iQra International be liable for any damages including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from the use or in connection with such use or loss of use of the site, whether in contract or in negligence.
5. iQra International does not warrant that the functions contained in the material contained in this site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy and reliability of the materials.
1. Commercial use or publication of all or any item displayed is strictly prohibited without
prior authorisation from iQra International. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as
conferring any licence by iQra International to use any item displayed.
2. Documents may be copied for personal use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely. However, some documents and photos have been published on this site with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not iQra International). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
3. iQra International takes no responsibility for the content of external Internet sites. Other websites that we link to are owned and operated by third parties and iQra International has no control over them. The fact that we include links to other websites does not mean that iQra International approves of or endorses any other third party website or the content of that website. We accept no liability for any statements, information, products or services that are published on or are accessible through any websites owned or operated by third parties.
4. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information.
6. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
7. If these terms and conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
iQra International is a registered charity in England & Wales, Charity No: 1075203. Registered Office: Unit 5, 214 Whitechapel Roead. London. E1 1BJ
iQra International and all the people its serves across the globe reply on the generosity
and support of its donors and well wishers. We are therefore committed to be transparent
about why we request your personal details and how we use this information in order to carry
out our mission to tackle poverty.
As a general rule, iQra International will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information, except when we have your permission or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. If you opt to share your personal information on the Gift Aid claim form, we will provide your data to HMRC (HM Revenue and Custom) for auditing purposes.
What personally identifiable information do we collect? We only collect personal data relevant to the type of interaction you have with us. The first time you get in touch with us, for example, when you sign up for email updates, register for an event or make a donation, etc., we collect your personal information depending on the type of communication or transaction you opt for. The information generally includes your name, postal address, post code, telephone number, organisation name, e-mail address, credit card, bank information or billing information. Please note personal details gathered by us may not be limited to above mentioned categories. Respecting Sensitive Personal Data Under GDPR and the Data Protection Act 1998 some elements of personal data are considered as being more sensitive. We do not collect "sensitive personal data" about our supporters, e.g. health status, unless there is a clear reason for doing so - such as participation in a sport related event or similar fundraising event where we need this to ensure that we provide appropriate facilities or support to enable you to participate in the event. In such cases, clear notices will be provided on application forms to make clear what information we need and why we need it. All sensitive personal data is stored on a secure database, to which only a limited number of relevant staff have access. It is deleted when no longer relevant, is never shared with third parties, and is available to you at any point should you wish to see it. How is the information collected used?
iQra International uses the information as explained below unless you have specially notified us.
1. We use your personal details to inform you about our services or products as per your request.
2. We may also use your information for administrative purposes which include updating you about any changes to our services or policies and creating a profile of your interests and preferences.
3. Upon your consent, we may also use your information to send you communications about our humanitarian work, campaigns, volunteering and fundraising activities.
4. We may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you.
5. We may on occasion work with 3rd parties to contact our supporters about iQra International; however the 3rd party would be bound by a confidentiality agreement which would prevent them from using this information for any other purpose.
6. We do not sell your details to any third parties. The only exception to this is when you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a secure payment provider approved by the banking industry.
NB: For online credit/debit card transactions iQra International enters your financial data directly to the payment service provider and does not store any details of your credit/debit card on its system. In this way iQra International abides by the strict industry-wide credit/debit card security standards (Payment Card Industry and Data Security Standards).
In the case of sensitive personal information, we will ask you to indicate your consent in allowing us to use it.
We use the following methods to get your consent:
i) Giving us your permission verbally
ii) Ticking a box; clicking an icon
iii) Sending an email; submitting a form; or subscribing to a service.
When we seek your consent to using your personal information, we will tell you what we want to use it for and, other than as described in this policy, we won’t use it for any other
purpose. How we protect your privacy on online community? When you give us your personal details that information may be stored and processed outside of the UK and we take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be 100% guaranteed. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
1. iQra International website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us.
2. When you make a donation to iQra International and opt to receive information via SMS, your contact details are used to send SMS about our latest campaign and activities.
3. To unsubscribe please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the details.
4. If you are not registered with us and still getting information from us, then we may have purchased your data from our partner organisations or data providers. The data purchased include your contact details only i.e. your name, postal address and email.
5. We monitor our webpage users’ journeys via google analytics. We do so to improve our online services and to provide best and effective online assistance for our users. The webpage users remain anonymous through out our monitoring activities and analysis.
6. The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to iQra International. We are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that iQra International maintains about you. In the meantime, if you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at email@example.com with the details.
7. You may update your contact details through our private supporter area on the website. You can choose from the options on how you wish us to communicate with you.
Under Charity Commission rules we are not able to give refunds for donations made through
this site. Refunds will only be issued in cases of fraudulent activity on your card. Where
refunds are made, it is at iQra International's discretion.
If you experience any problem with your payment please contact us on 020 7790 7744 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be made to the credit/debit card you used to make a donation.